All tickets are Rovers, so you can book on your outward service from Bedale but board the train at Leeming or Bedale, if you fancy a walk you can board at Scruton but it is a typical victorian rural station so has no car parking facilities. Travel on any service up and down the line get on and off where you want, or stay on and simply enjoy the ride.
Have Lunch in Scruton
The Coore Arms, Scruton is pleased to offer 10% discount on food orders to passengers of the Wensleydale Railway upon presentation of their Heritage service ticket.
Tables must be pre-booked by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 748 215
Health & Safety
After a lot of planning refresher training and Covid safe preparation the Wensleydale Railway is ready to give visitors a great day out. The safety of staff and passengers is our number one priority and much detailed work has gone into reopening.
- The Wensleydale Railway has been awarded We’re Good To Go certification by the visit England tourism body for demonstrating our heritage railway has met the required competence level with Covid preparation and precautions to keep staff and the public safe.
- All trains and stations on the Wensleydale Railway are sprayed with long life anti-bacteria spray.
- All ticket and buffet sales areas have screens in place.
- Trains will be cleaned, wiped regularly throughout the day.
- For the safety of your fellow passengers and our team, if you are visiting the railway in the coming weeks we kindly request that you wear a mask indoors or when on the train.
- Hand sanitiser stations are in use at all stations.
- Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your trip.