Model Railway Weekend
3 Days of trains big and small
Over the May Bank Holiday weekend (29 th and 30 th April and 1 st May) Leeming Bar Station will once again be hosting its popular model railway show. In addition to having layouts of various gauges from N to O on display, and a number of trade and food & drink stands in attendance, we are planning (subject to availability) to have our entire heritage diesel fleet operating at various times over the weekend.
And there will be an extra special treat for heritage diesel locomotive fans – we’re planning a one-off, special double-headed train pulled by our class 37 and class 33 locomotives! Watch this space for more news and updates and remember to check our social media too.
There will be something for everyone at this family-friendly event and attractions will include:
- A range of layouts from N to O gauge
- Standard gauge locomotives will be displayed alongside the models, including ex Tyne and Wear diesel locomotive No. WL 4 and a part-rebuilt steam locomotive
- Trains running throughout the weekend between Scruton and Leyburn. All-day rover tickets will be available
- A special class 37 and class 33 double-headed train to Leyburn
- A traction engine in steam will be displayed in the car park
- Children’s rides on a 5 1/4″ gauge model steam and diesel railway with 145ft track set up in the car park
- Children’s activities
- Food and drink including a real ale bar, wood-fired pizza, fast food and sweet stalls
- Refreshments at all stations
- Drive the class 03 diesel shunter locomotive for only £5
The event will be open from 10am to 4.30pm on both Saturday and Sunday and 10am to 4pm on Monday. Tickets will be available just for entry to the model railway show, an all-day train rover ticket (hop on and hop off where you like) with entry to the show, or travel-only on all trains. The choice is yours!
Confirmed Layouts include, with more awaiting confirmation
- Knaresborough Station
- Leeming Bar
- Penna Lane TMD
- Ripple Lane
- Rising Beck
- St Caths
- Tees Castle
- War Games
- Cannon Bay
Confirmed Traders include, with more awaiting confirmation
- Millennium Models
- Rail Riders Club
- Andy and Sue Batters – Electronics and model tree building
- Sweets of Yesteryear
- North Yorkshire County Council
- White Rose Modelworks
Exhibitors, Traders and Sponsors
Would you like to be part of this event? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There is a regular No. 73 bus service from Northallerton on the Saturday and the Wensleydale Flyer No. 856 bus runs on the Sunday and Monday.