The Wensleydale Railway Association Trust (WRAT) has been given a grant by The National Lottery Heritage Fund to restore Leeming Bar station and to share its heritage with more people and in new ways.
As part of this project, we have launched a diverse series of fascinating live digital talks which are provided for free over Zoom each month. So far topics have ranged from the Leeming Bar Station House project, Geevor Tin Mine in Cornwall and The Sierra Leone National Railway Museum in West Africa amongst others. It is thanks to National Lottery players that we are able to host this series of free online talks.
If you would like to take part in any of our talks you can join by following the link underneath the event below or alternatively you can join through our Facebook event.
Some of our previous talks can be found online:
- A talk by Will Burnham on what the Leeming Bar project will have on offer. This talk can be found at: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja6u90j516E
- A talk by Connor Lagus about how the railway changed everything. This talk can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84_TgynfQfQ
- A talk by Anthony Coulls on the award winning National Railway Museum exhibition Brass, Steel and Fire which is now available to view at the Science Museum in London. This talk can be found at: https://youtube.com/watch?v=OTKdRu1tu9A
- A talk by Steve Davies MBE on the Sierra Leone National Railway Museum. This talk can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1MGT2rDVU
- A talk by Dr Karen Griffiths about her research into railway families in Westmorland. This talk can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-WmAeO2c4o&t=6s