Health & Safety
After a lot of planning refresher training and Covid safe preparation the Wensleydale Railway is ready to give visitors a great day out. The safety of staff and passengers is our number one priority and much detailed work has gone into reopening.
- The Wensleydale Railway has been awarded We’re Good To Go certification by the visit England tourism body for demonstrating our heritage railway has met the required competence level with Covid preparation and precautions to keep staff and the public safe.
- All trains and stations on the Wensleydale Railway are sprayed with long life anti-bacteria spray.
- Signage showing one-way systems, social distancing and mask wearing requirements are in place throughout the railway.
- All ticket and buffet sales areas have screens in place.
- Trains will be cleaned, wiped regularly throughout the day.
- All passengers have to wear face coverings on trains, in buildings and on platforms unless they are exempt.
- Hand sanitiser stations are in use at all stations.
- Social Distancing - Guests will stay at a safe 2 metre distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary protective equipment.
- Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your trip.