Steam Mince Pie Specials
Blow away those Christmas cobwebs and enjoy a festive journey between Leeming Bar, Bedale and Leyburn in our beautifully decorated Yuletide carriages complete with a complimentary mince pie. Following its return from the North Pole Black Five no. 45407 ‘The Lancashire Fusilier’ will be steaming into Wensleydale on the 27th and 28th of December with an additional diesel-hauled (class 14 no. D9523) mince pie special on the 29th of December. Refreshments and a small selection of alcohol will be available on the train.
Make sure to also visit the beautifully restored station house at Leeming Bar where you will step back in time and enjoy a living museum experience. Our volunteers will be hosting some free festive craft activities alongside the Station House Explorer’s Trail where you will experience what life was like at the station 100 years ago. Try on 1920’s costume, make sure packages are delivered to the right place and work out how old washing equipment works.
Why not take the train and enjoy lunch or a walk or perhaps visit the beautifully restored Grade II listed station house at Leeming Bar and take part in some of our FREE festive craft activities. Our Station House Explorer’s Trail will also be available where you can experience what life was like at the station 100 years ago. Try on 1920’s costume, make sure packages are delivered to the right place and work out how old washing equipment works.
Due to a rolling stock issue we will be unable to convey wheel chair passengers on these services.
These services are very popular and booking is essential, with some trains already sold out. Book now to avoid missing your chance as due to Covid restrictions we will be unable to sell tickets for the steam services on the day. And please remember to wear your mask.
|Steam Mince Pie Specials|
|Steam Mince Pie Specials|
Health & Safety
After a lot of planning refresher training and Covid safe preparation the Wensleydale Railway is ready to give visitors a great day out. The safety of staff and passengers is our number one priority and much detailed work has gone into reopening.
- The Wensleydale Railway has been awarded We’re Good To Go certification by the visit England tourism body for demonstrating our heritage railway has met the required competence level with Covid preparation and precautions to keep staff and the public safe.
- All trains and stations on the Wensleydale Railway are sprayed with long life anti-bacteria spray.
- All ticket and buffet sales areas have screens in place.
- Trains will be cleaned, wiped regularly throughout the day.
- For the safety of your fellow passengers and our team, if you are visiting the railway in the coming weeks we kindly request that you wear a mask indoors or when on the train.
- Hand sanitiser stations are in use at all stations.
- Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your trip.